Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Where have I been

I can't believe it's almost been a year since I've written anything.  Thank Goodness it's just me here with my thoughts and my art.  Well, my thoughts anyway.
The drought continues. . .

I am hoping for some signs of life this year.  I never imagined how much children could drain you of every last drop of energy and creativity. 
I have struggled with one project after another and it just seems pointless at the moment.  I had a beautiful little something I was painting on and last I went to doodle with it I found that my son had completely destroyed it.  I was forlorn and completely exhausted by the thought of it.

I can't be angry with him, I left my studio door wide open for him and gave him the go-ahead to explore my room.  It's just what happens. 
I am crazy with the idea that I have some talent and at the moment it is being wasted.  Wasted on cleaning toothpaste out of every crevice in the bathroom.  Wasted on keeping the kitchen clean.  Wasted on sleep.
I didn't use to sleep.  I'd stay up all night painting away. . .
Sleep is a must now.  Got to have sleep.  Some nights I just pass in my clothes.  Too tired from the day to even brush my teeth.

I can't blame my children.  I could set myself up to spend the day painting while my children are out with their father and I just sit there.  Finally, I would move myself to the couch and have trouble even pressing the power button to turn the darn thing on.
So, here we go again.  Will this be the year?  Lord, I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment